Position Title: Events and Administrative Coordinator
Organization: motionball/Special Olympics Canada Foundation
• motionball is a not-for-profit organization that builds awareness and raises funds for the Special Olympics Canada Foundation (SOCF), targeting a “next generation” of supporters – Canada’s professional crowd who are not defined by their age but rather their mind-set.
• Our mandate is to introduce the next generation of volunteers and donors to the Special Olympics movement through integrated social and sporting events, creating relevant, meaningful experiences that help bring the fun back into giving.
• Since its inception in 2002, motionball now organizes 14 events in 8 Canadian cities
• All of motionball’s proceeds go directly to the Special Olympics Canada Foundation (SOCF) whose objective is to provide funding for athlete and volunteer recruitment and training for each provincial/territorial chapter.
• The majority of motionball’s fundraising and event management is provided by volunteers.
PRIMARY AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY
Based in Toronto and reporting to the Director of Operations of motionball and the Administrator of the Special Olympics Canada Foundation (SOCF), the Events and Administrative Coordinator (EAC) is responsible for providing administrative support for the many annual motionball events across the country as well as two annual SOCF events. The EAC will also be responsible for the majority of the content management for motionball’s website and social media accounts.
Event Support to motionball
• Provide assistance to the organization strategies, events and projects;
• Assist with invoicing and finalizing financials following events;
• Provide on-site support for motionball events held in Ontario;
• Create, maintain, and update administrative files, documents, critical paths, etc;
• Record minutes for motionball board and committee meetings.
Community/content management for motionball
• Update all motionball websites including posting of all content, page updates, special section creation, removal of expired content, blogs and photo galleries
• Day-to-day management and development of editorial content on social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube
• Monitor, reply to and retweet local conversations on social media sites
• Work with creative and strategic team to create and maintain Content Calendars
• Assist in the creation of marketing materials such as event brochures, signage and presentations
• Research and recommend online advertising.
Organizational Support to SOCF
• Provide assistance to organizational strategies, events and projects;
• Assist with tax receipting for donor programs and motionball events;
• Provide on-site support for SOCF events and third party fundraising events.
• Provide staff support and general assistant duties for other Foundation and third party fundraising events.
• Bachelor’s Degree or combination of related education and experience.
• Completion of a Fundraising and Volunteer Management program of study is an asset.
• Comprehensive computer skills; MS office, excel, powerpoint
• Experience with wordpress and HTML
• Experience and familiarity working with various forms of social media (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
• The capacity to work on some weekends and evenings;
• Dependable judgement and decision making skills;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• A self-starter, full of initiative who can work collaboratively with the event committees & on stand-alone projects.
• Detail oriented and able to multitask to effectively manage concurrent events and campaigns, with competing priorities and time-pressures.
• Ability to maintain a positive, flexible and responsive attitude in dealing with the general public, suppliers and volunteers.
Deadline: Friday, May 10, 2013.
Please submit a cover letter and resume with salary expectations to
Nycki Etherington, Administrator, Special Olympics Canada Foundation at email@example.com
We thank all applicants for applying however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.